- 1 Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag
- 2 Rapid Dominance Classic Military Messenger Bags
- 3 Industries Mini Metro Messenger Bag
- 4 OIWAS Messenger Bag Satchel Leisure Canvas
- 5 Herschel Supply Co. Sandford Messenger Bags
- 6 Estarer Computer Messenger Shoulder Bag
- 7 TOURBON Canvas Cycling Bike Handlebar Bag
- 8 GoFar Classic Messenger Bag
- 9 Nubily Laptop Messenger Bag
- 10 Tenba Messenger DNA 15 Camera & Laptop Bag
- Bike Messanger Bag Buyer’s Guide
Are you looking for the best bike messenger bag? If the answer is yes, then, you have come to the right place.
A bike messenger bag comprises many compartments where you can store important items while riding on a bike or commuting. Some of these bags now come with bottled water pockets to keep you hydrated while in transit. The bag is usually worn across the body or on the shoulder. It is very handy and quite easy to access the items kept inside the bag.
But finding a good bike messenger bag is not as easy as picking up a book of the shelf. This is why this article is written to help you make informed choices. Read on as we review the 10 best bike messenger bags for your comfort and convenience.
Bike Messanger Bag Buyer’s Guide
It can be a difficult task choosing the best messenger bag that is durable and sturdy. There are many factors to consider before purchasing a messenger bag. Here is what you have to consider.
- Material – If you are concerned about durability, then, you have to look at the material used in making the bag. The choice of material may differ. Some prefer leather, others like canvas. Below are some of the materials and their properties.
- Leather – This is the first and oldest material used in making messenger bags. It has a professional and traditional look. It performs well after long use. There are top-grain and full-grain leathers. They are all made from well-tanned leather.
- Rubber – When it comes to its look, rubber is similar to leather. It is naturally water-resistant. But if you are looking for a bag that can withstand extreme weather conditions, then, rubber is not suitable for you. It is not as durable as other materials.
- Nylon – Nylon is durable and versatile. It is difficult to get torn. It can withstand extreme weather conditions. Nylon is also water-resistant.
- Canvas – Canvas is a very good material. It is water-resistant, durable and lightweight. Canvas is well-woven to produce a thick and sturdy product.
- Padded interior –You must check out the interior of any messenger bags before purchasing it. The interior must be well padded. Well-padded interior protects items such as laptop, phone and camera from damage. The interior should be padded with plastic, foam and fabric. The main compartment should also be well lined. The lining does not allow your items to have direct contact with the material used in making the bag.
- Closure –Look for a bag with good closure. Choose a bag with a double closure instead of one with single flap closure. Double closure keeps your items well secured and protected.
- Finish –The bag must have a quality finish. It has to be double stitching to give it a neat look. Double stitching increases the life of the bag. The top edges should be padded with leather. All of these contribute to great workmanship and elegant finish.
- Straps – Check the adjustable straps to be sure it is comfortable. If you ride on a bike, you should be interested in checking the length of the strap. Choose a bag with customized strap. When the bag is well loaded with heavy items, a quality strap helps to reduce the strain on your shoulder thereby reducing fatigue too. The buckles that are connected to the straps should also be of top quality. A padded strap is great for people who carry heavy bags for a long time.
- Compartment – The compartment should be roomy enough to contain your laptop comfortably and should also be easy to pull out when you want to use it. It should also come with different pockets for phones, pens, cards, tablet, iPad, etc. Ensure that the bag allows easy access to stored items.
- Shape – The shape of the bag you choose will depend on individual preference. If you are going for a small cross-body messenger bag, choose the one made of polyester because of its softness. But if you going for a briefcase, ensure it is made of leather or canvas.
- Lightweight –A messenger bag should be light in weight. If it is made from heavy materials, it means the bag will be heavy when it is loaded with items.
- Ease of cleaning – A messenger bag accumulates specks of dust easily since it is mostly used outdoor. So, when looking for a bag to buy, it is advised that you go for one that is extremely easy to clean using a bristle brush to dust it. To do a deep cleaning, you will need water, detergent and towel.
- Waterproof –There is no point buying a messenger bag that will cause your items to get spoilt when it rains. Always go for a waterproof bag no matter the cost. It will save you a lot of stress in the long run.
There is no doubt making a choice out of the 10 best messenger bags will be a tough task. Choosing a bag will depend on your style and purpose. But we recommend the Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag for its durability and superior build quality. It is waterproof and has a separate compartment for a 15-inch laptop. This prevents your laptop from being scratched. The strap is comfortable to carry thereby reducing fatigue.