Are you looking for the best bike kickstand? A bike kickstand is a must-have if you want to avoid the usual practice where your bike leans against the wall or tree.
Bicycle racks are installed in many cities making many bike riders to forgo the need for a kickstand.
But kickstands still serve a good purpose where there are no bike racks, trees or buildings.
The first bike kickstand was created by a Frenchman, Alfred Berruyer, in the 19th century. It was 2 foot long and mounted from underneath the bike’s handlebars.
Kickstands are now compact, reliable, dependable, supportive and strong.
Choosing the right kickstand for your bike can be very challenging. We have made this review to help you make an informed choice.
Read on as we review the best bike kickstand for your riding leisure. Here are the 10 best bike kickstands.
1 BV Adjustable Bicycle Kickstand
The BV adjustable bicycle kickstand is built for riders comfort and convenience. It does not matter if you are riding for recreational, commuting or touring purposes. This kickstand is sturdy, well-built and solid. The kickstand is easy to adjust from the hidden adjustable latch.
It comes with a one-year warranty. Made from aluminium alloy, the kickstand is designed to fit most lightweight, mid-weight and cruiser bicycles that are 24 to 29 inches. To prevent slipping in wet surfaces, the bicycle kickstand is fitted with a reinforced plastic foot with a non-slip sole. This prevents the kickstand from sinking in mud.
- The kickstand can easily be adjusted without the use of tools
- Built from aluminium for sturdiness, reliability and durability
- Reinforced plastic foot alongside a non-slip sole to prevent slipping and sinking in muddy areas
- Perfect for balancing bicycles that are on an uneven surface
- The spring-loaded latch makes the kickstand easy and smooth to glide with the foot
- A bit tricky to fit
- It sticks when used on some bicycles
2 TOP CABIN Bike Kickstand
Stand your bicycle conveniently anytime, anywhere with the TOP CABIN bike kickstand. This is not your regular kickstand. It is made for professional bike riders. The stand is perfect for bikers who hike through mountains or travel on busy roads.
The adjustable aluminium alloy bicycle kickstand is fitting for 22, 24, 26 and 28 inches bicycles. With a good length adjustment, you can stand your bike with ease even on an uneven surface. It is also suitable for Mountain Bikes, 700 Road Bikes, BMX and MTB. The kickstand is waterproof, wear-resistant and durable. It is made from aluminium alloy for sturdiness and reliability. It does not get rust over time.
This kickstand does not scratch off paint on your bike because there is plastic padding on the inside to protect the paint. The package contains a kickstand, a pair of rubber mats and two wrenches. Setting up the kickstand is a breeze.
- Made from aluminium alloy for top quality
- Waterproof and anti-rust
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to install and adjust
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- It does not fit tall and heavy bikes
- The screws are a bit difficult to adjust
3 UHACKER Adjustable Bike Kickstand
This superb bike stand is made from alloy aluminium to withstand extreme conditions. It comes with an anti-slip plastic foot to make your bike stand steady. The kickstand makes use of an adjustable length design that makes it super easy for you to adjust the length of the kickstand.
It fits bikes with 22, 24, 26 and28 inches wheel sizes such as Mountain Bike, BMX, MTB, Commuter Bike, Kids Bike, Sports Bike, 700 Road Bike. The rear-mount side stand has a red reflector which is good for night safety. For paint protection, the rubber pad on the kickstand protects your bike paint from being scratched. The bike stand is waterproof, anti-rust and resistant to wear.
- Anti-slip rubber pad makes your bike stand firm and prevents slipping in wet surfaces or sinking in muddy areas.
- 18 months warranty
- It has an adjustable length range of 13.8 to 14.8 and easy to install
- Made from high-quality aluminium alloy
- Durable and sturdy
4 Agole Adjustable Bike Kickstand
The adjustable bike kickstand is easy to adjust without the use of any tools. It has an adjustable length is that between 13.8 to 15.7 inches from the top to the bottom. It has a wrench which helps to easily loosen the middle of the screw.
The kickstand is ideal for bicycles with a diameter of 24, 25, 26 and 27 inches such as Mountain Bike, 700C Road Bike, BMX and MTB. This kickstand can either be installed on the rear mount or centre mount making it a flexible stand. Its anti-slip design makes the bike to stand firm in wet surfaces and won’t sink in muddy areas.
It is pretty much a universal kickstand that goes well with most bikes with fat tyres. To guarantee durability and sturdiness, the stand is made from alloy aluminium making it anti-rust, wear-resistant and waterproof. It comes with a free screwdriver for a quick and easy installation.
- Easy and quick to assemble
- Designed with anti-slip rubber to stop the slipping of the kickstand and prevent sinking in mud surfaces
- Produced from high-quality aluminium alloy for durability and sturdiness
- Easily adjustable length from 13.8 to 15.7 inches
- Stable and well made
5 Sataway Bike Kickstand
If you are looking for a mountain bike kickstand that fits 24 to 29 inches bike tyres perfectly, the Sataway Bike Kickstand is your best bet. It is easy to install with two optional screws kit even if your bicycles come with a centre mount plate.
This kickstand is made from aluminium making it lightweight, durable and sturdy. It is robust and rust-proof. The wider foot cover with anti-slip rubber design prevents slipping and sinking in muddy or wet surfaces. The centre mount is perfect for balancing the bike in case you want to park the bike on uneven ground. This excellent kickstand comes with the necessary hardware and features that a good kickstand should have for unparalleled comfort and functionality.
- Super easy to assemble with a 2 set screw kit
- Made from aluminium alloy material for durability
- Extremely durable, lightweight and sturdy
- It includes a nonslip wider foot cover
- Perfect for any bicycle tyres that are between 24 to 29 inches
- The rubber tip is not included
6 TOPTREK Bike Kickstand
The TOPTREK adjustable aluminium alloy bike kickstand is not only affordable but also durable. It is suitable for 24 to 29 inches Mountain Bike, BMX, MTB, Road Bike tyres. Produced from high-quality aluminium alloy material, the kickstand is going to last for many years due to its sturdiness.
The adjustable kickstand works well with different bike sizes since the length can be adjusted between 13.2 and 14.8 inches. It is fitted with a non-slip foot to prevent the sudden skidding or slipping of the kickstand on wet areas. The screws are rust-proof and the rubber mat is water-resistant. To add to user-convenience and experience, the product comes with a one year warranty. This is an excellent kickstand for the price.
- It is durable, reliable and sturdy
- It is easy to install without tools
- Perfect for rear mount or centre mount
- Made from aluminium alloy with rust-proof screws
- Nonslip foot to prevent sinking in mud or slipping in wet environments
- It does not fit 20 inches bike
7 Lumintrail Centre Mount Double Leg Bike Kickstand
Supporting heavier bikes or loads require a rugged kickstand to effectively carry the weight of the bike. This is where the Lumintrail Bike Kickstand stands out from the rest. This is a heavy-duty stand that is sturdy and durable.
It is designed to stand the bike upright in a vertical way instead of standing on one side. Being a double leg kickstand with centre mount helps to keep your bike very steady. You can even adjust the kickstand even while you are riding the bike. This is made possible by the push button latch design which makes length adjustment easy. You do not need a tool to make the adjustment.
The legs can comfortably stand on uneven grounds. To prevent slipping in wet conditions or sinking in muddy areas, the kickstand comes with wide reinforced plastic feet with non-slip soles to provide stability. It is easy to install and fits 24 to 28 inches tyres of mostly Mountain Bikes, Cruiser Bikes and Road Bikes. This kickstand is perfectly suited for bikes with mounting plate.
- It is made with strength and durability in mind
- The installation is a breeze
- It supports heavier bikes or loads effectively
- The plastic feet prevent slipping in wet environments
- It holds bikes in upright positions
- May not be ideal for bikes with wider tyres
8 Greenfield Kickstand
You don’t have to look for a parking metre or tree to lean your bike against. The Greenfield Kickstand allows your bike to stand on its two wheels. It is made from an aluminium alloy that is lightweight and strong enough to support your bike perfectly. The kickstand easily attaches to chainstays behind the bottom bracket.
It comes in two sizes of 285mm and 305 mm. The 285mm leg fits most adult bikes but can be cut to size with a hacksaw or angle grinder to fit kids’ bikes. The 305mm size fits 22 inches of frames and higher. It is well designed to fit many types of frames making it extremely versatile. It comes with dual spring pressure plate and snaps action mechanism for comfort and convenience.
For bikes without the kickstand plate, the kickstand comes with a clamp for easy installation. One good thing about this kickstand is that it does not interfere with pedal action. This allows you to have a smooth ride always. This is a stable platform for bikes of different types.
- Made in the USA
- It is lightweight and strong
- Made from noncorrosive aluminium alloy
- Nonslip clamping surface prevents slipping in wet environments
- It is easy to install
- Rubber foot is not included
9 USONG Bike Kickstand
The USONG Bike Kickstand is well made for the easy parking of your bicycle. It is easy to install and helps your bike to stand firmly. This kickstand is designed to fit 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20 inches children’s bicycle.
It is very lightweight, anticorrosive, wear-resistant and non-slip. Its non-slip design comes with tipped foot and spring for a firm stand. Made from aluminium alloy material, the kickstand is sturdy, reliable and durable. This product is great and it comes at a good price that won’t put a hole in your pocket.
- It is waterproof and durable
- It comes with a 1-year replacement warranty
- Top-quality kickstand at an excellent price
- It prevents slipping or sinking in wet environments
- It is made from aluminium alloy for long-lasting use.
- May scratch the paint on the bike
10 Lumintrail Centre Mount Bike Kickstand
The Lumintrail Kickstand is an adjustable kickstand that can easily be adjusted without tools. There are no restrictions to angle adjustments. The push-button latch design allows for the length adjustment of the kickstand even on-the-go. This kickstand is a good fit for most 24 to 28 inches bike tyres making it most ideal for Trekking, Cruiser and Mountain bikes. It requires a ground clearance of between 10.5 to 12 inches. To prevent the kickstand from slipping whether in wet conditions or muddy environments, the kickstand has wide reinforced plastic feet with non-slip soles to ensure steadiness. This kickstand is sturdy and durable because it is made from durable aluminium alloy material. It is also easy to install with a bottom bracket mount that is compatible with the chainstay neck of the bike.
- It is quick and easy to adjust the kickstand
- Nonslip design to prevent slipping or sinking in wet environments
- Simple and straightforward installation
- Made from aluminium alloy material for strength and durability
- 8mm Allen Wrench needed for the mounting bracket is not included in the package.
Bike Kickstand Buyer’s guide
It can be tricky choosing the best bike kickstand for your bike. This is because all kickstands look sturdy on the surface even when they are made from poor quality materials. There are things you need to know before buying a kickstand if you want something durable, reliable and strong. Here are the factors that must be considered before purchasing a kickstand.
- Sturdiness – You don’t want a kickstand that falls apart within a short period of time. This is why you must lookout for a sturdy kickstand that can withstand the weight of the bike or the load on the bike.
- Quality – Linked to the sturdiness of the kickstand is the material it is made from. Use a kickstand made from aluminium alloy than any other materials. Alloy aluminium material always stand up to rigours
- Lightweight – A kickstand that is light in weight won’t add to the overall weight of the bike. But in choosing a lightweight kickstand, you must ensure it is not flimsy. Being light in weight should not mean poor quality.
- Durability – You want to choose a kickstand that will last for a long time. It is a waste of money to buy a kickstand that falls apart very quickly. As such, a durable kickstand should withstand extreme weather conditions
- Anti-rust –Avoid a kickstand that would get rust after some time. This is why you must choose one that is made from aluminium alloy because it can resist rust and corrosion. A rust kickstand won’t serve you for a long time
- Waterproof – Go for a waterproof kickstand no matter the cost. This will save you a lot of stress in the long run. It may rain anytime. This is why a waterproof stand is better than a non-waterproof one.
- Warranty – Always look for kickstand that comes with a warranty. This will save you heartbreak. It makes sense to look for one that has at least one year warranty. You can return the item back to the manufacturer in case it gets damaged within the warranty period.
- Anti-slip – A slippery kickstand can damage your bike in case it falls. It can also cause injury to the rider. This is why you must choose an anti-slip kickstand with rubber foot. This ensures that the kickstand does not slip in wet environments or sink in muddy areas
- Adjustable – It all depends on your need. You may go for an adjustable kickstand or one that is not adjustable at all. If you go for an adjustable one, you would want a kickstand that does not require a tool to fix. But if you choose to go for a non-adjustable bike, you can go for a kickstand that you can cut to the length that perfectly fits your bicycle. In this case, you must carefully measure and cut the stand to get it right.
- Ease of installation – A kickstand that is very complicated when it comes to installation will definitely cause some frustration. You don’t have to read a long manual to install your kickstand. It should be pretty straightforward.
- Flexibility – A kickstand should be flexible. It should be easy to install whether there is a mounting plate or not. It should come with an adapter in case there is no mounting plate on your bike.
- Price – Kickstands are not of the same price. But it makes sense to look for something that is within your budget without compromising quality.
- Which is better between a single leg kickstand and double leg kickstand?
The two serves different purposes. The single-leg kickstand is good for daily use with the quick and easy installing leg but a double leg kickstand is good for heavier bikes to give it an excellent support
- How to install a kickstand on a bicycle?
Installing a kickstand should not be stressful if everything you need is handy. The kickstand should come with a bolt and top bracket. You must have a wrench that fits the bolt you want to fix.
Step 1: Inflate the tyre to the recommended pressure. This is usually printed or embossed on the side of the tyre.
Step 2: Remove the clamp from the kickstand. The plate where a large bolt goes into it is the clamp
Step 3: Properly position the kickstand under the bike. Place it behind where the chainstays meet with the bottom bracket. The plate should cover the space between the chainstays properly.
Step 4: Place the clamp alongside the bolt. The bolt should point straight down on top of the chainstays. Just above the kickstand plate. Use your fingers to thread the bolt into the threaded hole of the kickstand and tighten it well.
Step 5: Try to spin the petal to see if it will have any contact with the kickstand. If there is no contact, then, it means the installation went well. Position the kickstand to your desired angle.
Step 6: Ride the bike to some distance. If you hear any sound, it means the kickstand is rubbing on the pedal. Continue to make adjustments until everything is fine.
This review of the 10 best bike kickstands will help you to make an informed choice. All the listed kickstands are made from top quality aluminium alloy material to guarantee its durability and longevity. They all feature an adjustable design which allows you to change length based on your bike’s length and size. Choose the appropriate kickstand for your bike to have a comfortable and jolly ride.